Fenway has added veggie dogs & veggie burgers to the menu this season. I had to try one the second I got into the park for the opening day Sox/Yankees game. $5.00 is a lot of cash flow for the size of the veggie dog (and any of the other concessions.) I could have eaten three of them, but most of the food items in the park are $5.00. The guy at the concession stand said I was the first person he sold one to this season... I hope they catch on. It tasted pretty good, but wasn't the best veggie dog I've ever had. I took a photo of the vendor peeps selling the veg-dogs and then attempted to get a photo of my veg-dog (with mustard & relish) running to third base...
I wrote to Fenway Park about the ingredients and I heard back, but I'm still not sure what "smoke flavor" and "spices & flavoring" consist of. It looks as though these are Vegan, but you never know with the ambiguous terms like "flavoring" and "spices." Here is a copy of the response:
Brand: Schreiber Vegan Franenkfurters
Ingredients: Water, wheat gluten, soy protein
concentrate, soy oil, cellulose gum, carrageenan
(seaweed), tamari sauce, spices & flavoring,
salt, smoke flavor, Contains: Soy, Wheat
The brand of veggie dogs may change
The brand of veggie dogs may change
during the season based on availability.
Thank you for your interest.
Kevin Haggerty
Thank you for your interest.
Kevin Haggerty
Resident District Manager

No comments:
Post a Comment