WORCESTER, MA

4/24/2010

Tabling @ Earth Day Expo - Indian Ranch Webster, MA



Steve and I set up a VegWorcester table at the Webster/Dudley Earth Day Expo @ Indian Ranch. There were a variety of Earth-friendly exhibitors, many of which I got to talk to and network with. I made mini vegan cupcakes from the book "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" to give out as free samples. They went over really well. We also gave out sample cups of Trader Joes chocolate & vanilla soymilk, collected email-list signs ups, sold a few books and met/connected with a lot of people curious about vegetarian & vegan food. Many attendees reported having seen the documentary 'Food Inc' recently and were thinking about going vegetarian or just wanted to get healthier. There were sooo many questions about factory farming, animal rights, and vegetarian meal ideas, that I was getting a dry throat from talking so much. It was really surprising to both of us how receptive everyone was and how many questions everyone had as well. A successful event. I gotta thank Drew for setting us up with a table there! Afterward Steve and I went out to dinner at Da Lat on Park Ave for some veg food, where he told me all about his experiences and stories from doing veg outreach with various animal rights organizations over the years. It was a delicious meal and a fitting end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment