WORCESTER, MA

8/23/2010

Vegan Peanut-Sun-Butter Cupcakes

VEGAN PEANUT-SUN-BUTTER CUPCAKES: 
 I made these vegan cupcakes for my mom's birthday because I know she's a fan of peanut butter & chocolate. The recipe is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (as usual.) I actually made a variation, using half peanut-butter and half sunflower-seed butter for the amount quoted in the recipe. I over-cooked them by about 1 or 2 minutes by accident, so they turned out a bit dry but otherwise not bad. I hope she liked these, but I doubt I'd make them again unless I get a request because I'm not a huge fan of chocolate frosting. I used Maranatha crunchy peanut butter (organic/natural and soooo freekin good,) and I also used Sunbutter natural crunch sunflower seed butter. If you're allergic to peanuts, try Sunbutter! If you're not allergic to peanuts- try sunbutter! 

1 comment:

  1. I had these for my birthday. They were Awesome. They tasted like Reeces Peanut butter cups! Thank you Manda

    ReplyDelete