INGREDIENTS: tortillas, Rice Vegan cheese & Daiya vegan cheese, Earth Balance butter, cherry tomatoes, salt & pepper.
DIRECTIONS: Lightly butter each side of the tortilla, toast on a frying pan for a minute, add Rice vegan slices, sprinkle with Daiya vegan cheese, put the slices together, flip a few times, sprinkle w salt & pepper... DONE!
NOTES: Next time I'll come up with a more creative version, adding veggies & tomatoes right into the slices, but this is just super simple. I still have cravings for cheese quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches, so this is a good vegan alternative. Currently my favorite vegan "cheeses" are Rice Vegan and Daiya, but you could easily make this with another brand. It might not trick your non-veg friends, but I found it to be quite flavorful and satisfying. The photo doesn't do a good job of representing the cheezy-ness, but you get the idea ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment