WORCESTER, MA

9/07/2010

Vegan Stir Fry with Smart Strips

Vegan Stir Fry with Smart Strips
I did up a quick vegan stir fry with various peppers and onions and ended up tossing in some Lightlife Smart Strips. I found these in the Shaws produce section.  I'd never had them before but I was curious since I do like their Smart Deli Turkey-style veggie protein slices in sandwiches. I doubt I'd eat these all the time because I try to limit the amount of processed mock meats I consume, but they're definitely an easy add to any recipe and taste pretty good.  After the onions and peppers were just about ready, I opened the package of Smart Strips, tossed them into the pan and browned them up in a bit of olive oil. I'd definitely recommend these to new vegetarians who are looking to cut down on the amount of meat they're eating. Easy, inexpensive and chick'n-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment