WORCESTER, MA

4/15/2011

VegFest Is Almost Here!

So, for the past few months I've been helping plan the 2011 Worcester VegFest, and its almost here! Check out my Countdown To Worcester Vegfest posted on VegWorcester. With just 6 of us regularly meeting to plan an event for 3,000 people.. we've been busy. All the last minute preparations are taking place now though.. shipment of free samples, books, exhibitor confirmations, laying out of the space, and so on. We're measuring ceilings, counting chairs needed, cutting raffle tickets... you name it.
 
EcoVegan mock meat samples have arrived, and its difficult not to eat them haha! I received 2 sample boxes as well and was able to try cooking them up to see what might be the best method for VegFest sampling, and oh man.. they were sooo delicious. These aren't hippy nut burgers by -any- means, and will surely satisfy veggies and carnivores alike. I can't wait to eat more of these at VegFest.

Oh, and check out the freeeee books I won through a WorldWide Vegan Bake Sale promotion - My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky! There are tons of vegan dessert recipes with awesome photos too. I'll be donating most of them to VegWorcester to sell at VegFest, but plan to make some recipes out of them to post here this summer.


With all the crappy hassle over food vendor permits and only a small handful of us kick ass peeps on the planning committee its been a little stressful the past few weeks, but it looks as though things are coming together.

VegFest is going to be freekin AWESOME and everyone better come out and eat tons of veg food or I will hunt you down and slap the shit out of you.      (back-dated)

No comments:

Post a Comment